On this page, you’ll find information and resources related to COVID-19. This includes:
- Information specific to the Taber Area
- General information (benefits from Federal and Alberta governments, additional tax information)
- Information specific to Low German/Plautdiestch-speakers, and
- Links to other multilingual resources.
For information on Local Closures and Business Hours Updates:
Taber Chamber of Commerce (author of business update below): https://www.facebook.com/pg/taber.chamber/posts/?ref=page_internal
Town of Taber: https://www.taber.ca/town-services/covid-19
Federal and Provincial Information
Federal Resources & Information
- Tax breaks, benefits, and incentives (Canada Revenue Agency): https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/campaigns/covid-19-update.html
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB) Application: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/cerb-application.html
- Federal Government Self-Assessment, information, and updates: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html
- Start a My Service Canada Account: https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/my-account.html (access benefits, applications, and records online in the government’s secure portal)
Provincial Resources & InformationSummary-of-Government-Financial-Supports
- Alberta COVID-19 Updates, Information, and Resources: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
- Start an AB Digital ID Account: https://account.alberta.ca/ (access medical records, government records, applications, and other government systems)
Information for Low German/Plautdiestch-speakers
Extensive Information and Contacts for LGM Service Providers: https://sites.google.com/view/lgmcovidresources/home
These links include COVID-19 information in Spanish, Tagalog, Arabic, French, Bengali, Korean, Mandarin, and more.
- Updates, information, and resources: https://www.calgarylip.ca/covid19-resources
- Financial Resources: https://www.calgarylip.ca/covid19-financial-resources
If you require assistance or do not know where to go for information or help, you can get in touch with us at Taber & District Community Adult Learning Association (TDCALA). You can call our general number at 403-223-1169 or reach specific departments by contacting the numbers or emails listed on our poster in the Taber Resources section of this page. Take care and stay safe!